Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Blog-olutions: Money/Finances

Happy New Year! (late, per usual).

I love the New Year. I love resolutions. I love the inspiration, ambition, and motivation that a new year and its resolution brings. Don't you?

I have been wanting to post my resolutions and blog-olutions since before the new year. However, I have so many, I felt I couldn't get them all down and in a understandable, logical format.

Well, duh. If I never write them down, I'll never get them in a logical, achievable order.

After writing out all my goals, this post was a mile long (I have many things to work on). I decided to break it up into different posts throughout the month.

What I want out of 2013:

Finances:
  • To save more money/ not waste money by:
    • Using coupons (I used to laugh at people who used a lot of coupons, but getting things for free, or nearly free is awesome!)
    • Have more self control  (think: Don't buy a Coke in the checkout line when I am a mile from home!)
    • Going back to a lot of strategic ways I mentioned at the beginning of this blog. I can't remember the last time I air dried clothes, and that makes me sad.
  •  I'd like to start bringing in some sort of income, even a small amount, while still staying at home with Addy.
    •  I have considered pet-sitting a lot in the past, and have done it for family and friends over the last few years. After watching my step mom's cats for the last week and will continue to do for the next week or so, I have found I truly enjoy it! (Please say a prayer for her dad as he had a stroke last week! As much as I like watching her furballs, I hate the circumstance).
    • Crafts. I love making crafts, and have always had the dream to sell them. Whether a craft show, or Etsy shop, I think it's about time to follow my dreams, and see where it takes me.
    • This blog. It takes a lot of time and energy, and I do not have the know-how nor skills right now, but I think the future could hold a lot more for this thing. This is probably more of a long term goal, but, hey, who knows!
Next set of goals are for the house. Thanks for stopping by and reading. What are your financial goals for the year? How do you plan on accomplishing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged! The only rule: Play nice! Everyone has a point of view, but you don't have to be a meanie when sharing it. Thanks!

Pin It button on image hover