Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cody Blake

I had some posts scheduled this week, and a contest for closet organization I wanted to post and enter. But after last night's events, it just doesn't seem right.
I promise my blog is not going to become gloomy and dark, but I can't help it today.
My nephew Cody was killed in a car accident. Last night. Shortly after I reprimanded him (not harshly) about posting inappropriate things on facebook (family drama). I pray he did not die angry. I pray he knew we loved him. He was only 23 years young.

My heart goes out to my sister and his brothers and sisters, and the rest of our family and his family (dad's side).

He never liked dressing up, so casual and "redneck" attire is encouraged (we're from the south born and raised) at his funeral. I never thought I'd have to go out and buy something camo for a funeral. But I know he'd love it.

Cody Blake, I love you. I miss you. I'm so glad I got to see you at Christmas this year. I hope you finally found peace.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged! The only rule: Play nice! Everyone has a point of view, but you don't have to be a meanie when sharing it. Thanks!

Pin It button on image hover